I can no longer use the excuse I had a baby since my baby is now two years old to explain the weight gain!
This morning I attended a Jazzercise class and loved it, again! This is not your grandma's exercise anymore. I used to do it all the time in Skokie while I attended law school and once I returned to Madison I stopped.
I woke up at 8:00 am, got on my workout gear, and headed over to the Baptist church for class. It was me and 10 other woman. A good turn out in my opinion. I walked into the gymnasium and had instant flashbacks of my childhood basketball games, go Lady Cougars! There were woman in all shapes, sizes and ages. My favorite is the lady in the turquoise bike shorts, turquoise t-shirt which read "Jazzin with Deb", and big bouffant hair held in place with a banana clip! Let's just say, I did not feel out of place.
I will definitely return again as I am now a proud member of Weight Watchers ("WW" to the regulars) and need to workout so I can earn more points and then eat more food!! Gotta love how all this works!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you think it would be unethical to take pictures of these fine ladies and post them on the blog? You painted a good mental picture though. Almost makes me want to join. My year at curves was much the same. I have to say, it made me feel young and hip so not a bad self esteem booster either.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I make jazz hands to give my hands a work out. Sometimes I make them to have fun. And other times I make jazz hands because they look good next to my face with what I happen to be wearing that day.
ReplyDeletePlease tell me you were wearing your banana clip too? And if not this time, then next time maybe?
ReplyDelete